|fetch campervan hire australia | senior campervan hire australia | family campervan hire australia | cheap campervan hire australia|
Maui Motorhomes AU informationMaui Branch Locations and Facilities
Maui has dedicated branches in Adelaide, Alice Springs, Brisbane, Broome, Cairns, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
All locations offer free luggage storage facilities for hires returning to the same branch. Should you wish to carry your suitcases with you, collapsible soft baggage is recommended, as it is easily stored in the motorhome.
Comfortable couches, TV/video, toilets, showers and towels are available in most branches, allowing you to freshen up and relax before your travels.
All Maui customers receive a complimentary travel wallet which includes:
BIG 4 Holiday Park Guide
Safe Driving Information
Super Saver Discount Voucher book offering discounts on Holiday Parks, popular attractions, tours and activities Australia-wide
Branches have a good supply of complimentary tourist information and staff are happy to offer tips.
Maui Motorhomes AU Rental TermsIMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RENTALS
On arrival, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with Maui Motorhomes AU. Here is a summary of their terms and conditions:
The following definitions apply for the Terms and Conditions for Maui Motorhomes AU.
* The Supplier means the operator of Maui Motorhomes AU.
* The Client is also referred to as the hirer (s) or renter (s). PAYMENT TERMS
* The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. Payment will be deducted from your nominated credit card at the time of confirmation (Visa or Mastercard only)
* The balance of monies owing to is required 29 days before the hire commences. If the hire is booked within 29 days prior to the pick-up date full payment is required upon booking confirmation.
* A bond amount of AU$7,500 is also due upon arrival (Liability and Bond Reduction Option is available to be selected at extra cost). This amount is deducted from your credit card is fully refundable when the vehicle is returned to the correct location on time, is full of fuel and all other terms of the Rental Contract have been complied with. Please read the Terms and Conditions for full details.
Note: full balance of payment (including the deposit) will be collected at the time of confirmation if you have elected to process your booking in a currency different to AUD.
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable.In addition to forfeiting your deposit,the following charges also apply:
- If cancelled up to 94 days prior to pick-up: No Further Fee
- If cancelled from 93 to 25 days prior to pick-up: 10% of Total Rental
- If cancelled from 24 to 10 days prior to pick-up: 20% of Total Rental
- If cancelled 9 to 4 days prior to pick-up: 50% of Total Rental
- If cancelled 3 days prior to pick up or a No-Show: 100% of Total Rental
- If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever no refund is available for the unused portion of the hire.
We strongly recommend that clients ensure they take out the highest level of travel insurance. In many cases, this will cover any losses incurred if you are forced to cancel your booking.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa Card, MasterCard and American Express. A non-refundable 2% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 5% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to the Liability Deposit and only the customer’s credit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit and the Credit Card Authority. The credit card administration fee is subject to change.
INCLUDED IN RATES
- Unlimited kilometres.
- Vehicle liability (liability applies, see information under the heading “for your protection – vehicle liability”)
- 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- 3% Administration fee.
- Kitchen equipment.
- Linen and bedding.
- General equipment.
- The one-way fee if applicable is charged per hire. The minimum one-way rental duration may apply.
- A Public Holiday Surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on the national public holidays listed above.
- A Public Holiday Surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on the State public holidays listed above.
Additional Booking Options
2 Single vehicle rollover cover: The customer will not have to pay for the cost of any damage attributed to an accidental single vehicle rollover.
3 Toilet Emptying Service: Only available at Cairns, Melbourne and Sydney branches
4 Express key return: In conjunction with Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack.
5 Express Return Pack: Pricing and inclusions are subject to change.
VEHICLE LIABILITY AND LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION
Personal injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party insurance. Maui does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental. Except where such loss or damage is caused by maui’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, maui does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the Customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). maui strongly recommends that the customer takes out personal travel insurance to cover any injury or loss.
In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”.
All vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a third party. The hirer is responsible for the first $7,500 (“the liability”) of the cost of any damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the ‘Exclusions’. Where the damage is the customer’s fault, this also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is being repaired. In addition to these costs, an administration fee of $60 may apply, per claim. The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental. The $7,500 liability can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack.
1 Liability Reduction Option
Cost per day Liability reduced to
$45 (maximum charge $2,250) NIL
When the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability at all with the exception of the ‘exclusions’.
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub-limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
MAUI STRONGLY RECOMMENDS OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE MAUI INCLUSIVE PACK FOR TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND.
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $7,500 and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
The customer must provide a valid credit card or debit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card or debit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the card used is either a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, or 2.8% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the 2% credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. maui recommend that customers use a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express credit card is not refundable.
Only Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card, or American Express credit card are acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit.
The Liability Reduction Option will not apply and the customer is responsible for all costs arising out of, or incurred in connection with:
1. Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
2. Any loss or damage to personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer), except where such loss or damage is caused by maui’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. Maui recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
3. Any damage where the customer is charged by local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules, resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
4. Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in any way and/or has been abandoned.
5. Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
6. Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle, however, caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
7. Any single vehicle rollover except where the Maui Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
8. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
9. Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as learners or probationary licence.
10. Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the use incorrect of snow chains.
11. Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), which includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
12. Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to, vehicle submersion, contact with salt water, creek or river crossings, driving through flooded areas and beach driving.
13. The customer has fitted accessories (as provided by Maui or otherwise) to the vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manner which causes damage to the vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property.
14. Using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
- Minimum rental periods are 5 days for same city rentals, with exceptions noted below. One-way hires have increased minimum hire requirements – please refer to the one-way rental matrix below.
- Minimum rental period is 10 days for hires where travel dates include 20 December to 10 January.
- 4 and 6 berth rentals from Sydney that collect during the Bathurst races will have a minimum rental requirement of 7
days. The races usually occur in early October.
- 4 and 6 berth rentals from Melbourne that collect during the Phillip Island races will have a minimum rental
requirement of 7 days.
- Minimum and maximum rental periods apply and are subject to change.
- Late pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the customer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
- If a customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Maui. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of $150 in addition to the daily rate.
PEAK: Maui branches are open 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas Day (25 December) and Australia Day (26 January) when they are closed.
OFF PEAK: Maui branches are closed on Sundays during off-peak months. The Maui Alice Springs, Broome, Darwin and Hobart's branches are closed during off-peak months. See below for more information
Maui requests that clients collecting or returning their vehicle to be in the office by 1530 hours.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental, they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the daily vehicle rates. Details are on application.
Motorhomes can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well-maintained roads. The only exceptions to this are well-maintained access roads of less than twelve kilometres to recognised campgrounds, major tourist attractions and well-maintained, recognised roads on Kangaroo Island (South Australia). Should a customer wish to travel on an unsealed road that is greater than twelve kilometres in length to access a recognised campground special permission can be arranged pending road condition, weather and distance. Please contact your local representative to discuss.
Maui reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
Licence and Age Restrictions
A current and full Australian or New Zealand motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Change of Drop Off Location
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorisation from Maui (call 1300 363 800).
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to $750 may apply.
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable, Maui reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Note: Maui reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
All Maui vehicles are up to a maximum of 2 years of age.
Maui clients will need to make their own way to and from the Maui branch, at their own expense.
Toll and Traffic Notices and Administration Fees
Maui reserves the right to charge the customer for any speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines. In addition to the costs associated per fine, an administration fee of $60 may be applicable.
If a customer continues to exceed a speed of 110km or continues to exceed the posted speed limit, as determined by the customer repeatedly ignoring the warnings of the telematics system fitted into the vehicle, Maui may impose a fee on the customer in the amount of $300.
Credit and Debit Card Payments
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted cards are Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card and American Express credit card. A non-refundable 2% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 2.8% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to the Liability Deposit and only the customer’s credit or debit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit and the Credit Card Authority. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
Credit Card Authority
The customer authorises maui to retain the details of their credit or debit card and to take any action to recover from the credit or debit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or debit card, or American Express credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in Australian dollars. If a refund is due, maui will credit the amount due in full to the Customer's credit or debit card. maui does not accept any liability for credit or debit card fees or bank-imposed fees relating to currency conversion or foreign transactions, which may appear as a variation between the total debited and the total refunded.
All amendments to bookings are subject to availability of the vehicle and/or package. Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
Amendments prior to the vehicle collection date will be re-calculated at the flex rate applicable on the date of the amendment. This applies to changing the vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing pick-up dates and/or changing the pick-up or drop-off location. Where the number of rental days is being extended prior to the vehicle collection date (days are being added on at the end of the rental with no change to the original pick up date), which applied at the time of the original booking, will apply.
Maui will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur Maui will charge for the shortfall.
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to maui as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give maui the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so may impact compromise any claims for compensation. Please contact us on 1300 850 805 or +61 3 8398 8883.
Maui reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
No animals are permitted in our vehicles, excluding guide dogs. DISCLAIMER
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Maui or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer. Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier’s rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. If you encounter issues with the vehicle whilst on hire, you MUST report these issues directly to the relevant supplier at the earliest possible time. This will allow the supplier to remedy any issues and minimise any inconvenience to you. If you fail to report any vehicle issues during your rental, it is likely that compensation will not be offered. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice. The deposit required to secure your vehicle (as shown on the secure booking page) will only be processed on your credit card when your booking is confirmed. Please note that a 2% credit card or debit card surcharge will be added when your payment is processed.
A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation voucher and at this stage the deposit is processed on your card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the supplier's terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Please note that some suppliers treat an amendment as a new booking and apply the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). If the rental period is increased, an additional deposit may be required. If the rental period is shortened which results in a reduction of the rental charges, the deposit amount will remain unchanged, and the difference between the original and revised deposit is forfeited (it cannot be used towards remaining rental charges). To request a change to a confirmed booking, please use the alterations request link on your confirmation. Any alterations are subject to availability and the approval of the supplier. In addition to the alteration policy of the supplier stated in their terms, the following charges will apply:
Motorhome rental alterations (all charges stated in local currency): 25.00
The alteration fee will not be charged if your alteration request is not possible.
Vehicle Capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
We are committed to providing a quality service and aim for complete customer satisfaction. In the event of cancellation, any refunds or penalties are detailed in the terms and conditions of your selected vehicle that you are asked to read and accept at time of booking. In the event you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Motorhome Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.